Tuesday 7 May 2013

Flower Nail Design

Every time I get a pedicure I always pay the extra to get some sort of design on my big toes.  Since I don't always have time to get a pedicure I figured out how to do it myself.





To get this flower this is what you need.

 -2 different colour nail polishes
 -dotting tool (larger of the set) to see where you can purchase them click here.  If you don't have         dotting tools click here to find out how to make your own out of household items
-tooth pick
-small piece of tin foil (I use this to put blobs of nail polish on it. You can use paper but I find
  some of the polish absorbs into the paper.)






First take the colour you want your flower to be and put a blob of the polish on the tin foil.  Dip the dotting tool in the polish and place four dots on your nail in a diamond shape shown in the picture below.  You might need to dip it again to make all the dots.  If it's not perfect it doesn't matter.  Mine aren't.


Let it sit for a minute so it's a bit tacky.  Take your toothpick and about half way in the center of your dot drag the toothpick down into the center of the diamond.  Do that for every dot.



Next take your other colour polish and place a blob on the tin foil.  Use the same dotting tool to place a dot in the center of your flower.





Now your done. Very easy only takes a couple minutes.  When it's dry put a top coat on to finish it off.  You can always add some smaller dots using a different dotting tool.  Or use a nail art polish and add some lines like I did on the first picture on the top.


Thanks for reading. If you have any questions please comment below.

Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment