Sunday 28 July 2013

Bottle Your Own Beer

I've bottled wine a couple times now and I was curious about their beer.  For anyone in the Hamilton, Ontario, Canada area I went to a place called Brew Time .  The staff there were very helpful and friendly.  They have over 100 different beer recipes to choose from.  We chose "Budweiser".  Each batch is a keg and you get 6 cases of beer from it and possibly a few extra bottles.  They have bottles there that you can purchase .  The only negative aspect of the whole experience is that the beer must be refrigerated, so we split the keg with a friend and chose larger 1 liter bottles to save on space .  That way we only had to squish 24 1 liter bottles in the fridge .  We paid $65 for 3 cases of beer.  Next time will be even cheaper since I now have the bottles.  This saves money and it was fun to do with the hubby and our friend.

The process to bottle it is very easy.  First you have to rinse out the bottles.




Next you put the bottle on the machine , add a little CO2, and start filling.


When it's done filling up you screw on a cap and you're done .






I also love how you are able to drink your beer/wine while you bottle them.





When we were finished we ended up with 25 1 liter bottles.





Whether you choose this place or any other place I really recommend to bottle either wine or beer.  It's a great way to get some girls together for an afternoon or even a nice date with your significant other.

Jenn

3 comments:

  1. guess its time for me to come over lol

    love the pictures!! yur the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! We have a Brew Time right near us!! How does the beer turn out? My husband has this home brew kit but it only makes like around a gallon at a time. I've done wine before and love to give it out for Christmas gifts, and I agree, its a very fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Brew Time we went to is the one by your house. The beer turned out great. I'd do it again for sure.

    ReplyDelete