Sunday 17 February 2013

Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers

Since I've had my daughter in July I have changed my lifestyle. I workout 5 days a week and eat a lot healthier. I am going to be sharing recipes that are low in calories and are very filling. One recipe I have recently made is spinach feta turkey burgers. I came across the recipe on greenlitebites.com. My husband and I absolutely LOVE them. We ate them on english muffins instead of buns to cut some calories and I just put tomatoes and mayo on mine.





SPINACH FETA TURKEY BURGERS


-1 lb lean ground turkey
-1 cup quick Oats
-2 large egg whites
-10 oz frozen chopped spinach
-1/2 cup crumbled feta 

Preheat oven to 375 

The first thing you need to do is prep the spinach. If you don’t have a 10oz package defrosted simply put it in a strainer and run it under water. It will defrost in no time.

Once it’s defrosted, squeeze as much liquid as you can out and add it and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl.

Combine using your hands. Don’t overwork, just mix it until all the ingredients merge.

Form into 8 patties


Place patties on a greased baking tray.

Cook for 25-30 min.



Approx Nutritional Information per serving:
1 patty
Calories: 135
Fat: 3g
Fibre: 2g
Sugar: 1g
Carbs: 9g
Protein: 19g

You can check out http://greenlitebites.com/2010/07/05/spinach-feta-turkey-burgers/ to see the original recipe. They grilled theirs on a George Foreman grill, we prefer ours baked.





4 comments:

  1. I made these burgers. Absolutely delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them. I ate them for lunch for 3 days after I made them.

      Delete
  2. I've made them like 5 times now! I also got a Costco membership today, and they had 4 packs of ground turkey for 10 bucks!! Looks like i'll be eating them for a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just at Costco on Saturday and had no idea they sold it. That's such a great deal. Going on the list for next time.

      Delete